Brain Aero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
gracedawkins

Classic game (Very Useful for Novice Poets) Empty Classic game (Very Useful for Novice Poets)

Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:46 am
It is very useful for novice poets to read the classics: to see what topics have already been raised , what forms and techniques have been used for a long time, how the idea of poetry has changed over time. This will help not to fill all the bumps on your own and not to discover unnecessary America, but at the same time to develop a sense of taste and learn about history.

This method has its own catch: the classics tend to become outdated, and the reader, by inertia, considers it an indisputable authority, which creates difficulties in evaluating their own works. Besides, the closer to modernity, the more controversy over whether to consider a particular author a classic, especially if he is still alive. Because of this, many stop at the beginning to the middle of the twentieth century, since then “everything is complicated”.

In order not to lose touch with modernity, it is sometimes useful to read today's bestsellers - not all mass literature "suffers" from high quality, but you can learn something from it, the main thing is not to overdo it.

Pros: a good illustration of the basics of versification, an understanding of the literary process, the ability to learn from someone else's experience.
Cons: danger of getting stuck in the last century, a large amount of material, pessimism ("Where are they and where I am!"). Cheap custom essay writing services
dearair

Classic game (Very Useful for Novice Poets) Empty Re: Classic game (Very Useful for Novice Poets)

Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:22 am
This Post is what I was looking for. This piece of content will really help me. Thanks for sharing it. visit my site: Air separation unit
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum