Brain Aero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
howardfdunbar

Is salty sweat anything to be concerned about when doing out? Empty Is salty sweat anything to be concerned about when doing out?

Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:26 pm
Although perspiration is primarily water, it contains a little amount of salt. When you exercise and sweat a lot, you lose electrolyte minerals, one of which is salt. And you'll become dehydrated if you don't drink enough water while exercising.

If you're concerned, you can also drink an electrolyte replenishing drink, but make sure it's not high in sugar (most are). Marathon runners accomplish this by ingesting electrolyte paste while running. You probably wondered what was in those fanny packs.

People sweat at varying rates, which has little to do with the intensity of the exercise they've done. Sweating is more common in men than in women. Sweating is less common in older persons than it was when they were younger. I've also seen studies that says that those who exercise regularly sweat sooner than those who don't.

Sweat, of course, is the process by which your biological body cools down. Contrary to popular belief, sweating profusely is not a reliable indicator of how much body fat you're losing. Excess fatty acids are released as a result of physical fitness and how well you can breathe.

Because fatty acids are made up of carbon (C) and hydrogen (H), adding oxygen (O) to the mix produces carbon dioxide (CO2) to breathe and water to urinate (H2O). In essence, you've dismantled the fatty acid (triglycerides are 3 stuck together).

So, don't be concerned about sweating.....

I rarely sweat and have been lifting bigger weights for the past 13 years. On the stair-climber, I do get a little sheen, but that's about it. I stay thin and in good physical shape, and I don't mind sweating in either direction.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum